Saturday 26 March 2016

Easter Nail Art




So its Easter weekend and I was feeling a bit uninspired when thinking about what to put on my nails. All Easter patterns start to look the same, pastels with egg prints and bunny/chicks on them, and I had done those looks in previous years.


So I was browsing through Pinterest looking for some inspiration and came across this photo from nail art Gallery by nails magazine for a chocolate bunny manicure and thought it was a cute twist on the normal bunny nails that I’ve been seeing elsewhere so decided to recreate it.


chocolate bunny tutorial not mine see link
 http://nailartgallery.nailsmag.com/legojenta/photo/359780/chocolate-bunny-nail-art


First I applied OIP chip skip and Orly color care nail strong. I then decided I wanted to use Sally Hansen triple shine drama sheen. This was a colour I brought like 6 months ago, tried once thought it was sheer and didn’t uses again so I thought I’d give it another chance.


And let me tell you it is sheer. I applied 3 cotes to all my nails then went back and did a forth on some nails, now as someone who doesn’t like to do more than 2 cotes at most this took way too long. However then next morning my nails looked completely opaque, so it may have been the bad lighting or it dried more opaque or the topcoat brought out the shiner more, I don’t know they looked good when they were completely dry, however as I had so much polish on my nails some did smudge but you can’t tell in the photos.

Part form the fact that the formula is not good this is a super pretty polish, pale purple contrasted with bright purple shiner in it is quite pretty and the shiner stands out more I think in Indore lighting than outdoors as it’s such a light colour.

Any way rant over. I then uses OPI Over the Taupe to paint on the chocolate bunny with a dotting tool as shown in the tutorial. I originally thought I wouldn’t give it a white tail but it didn’t look as cute so I added one with Chi chi salon formula - single white female and a dotting tool. I then finished the look with Rimmel London finishing touch as my top coat.

This tutorial was also really easy to follow and clear and you could easily do this with a brush instead of a dotting tool.



So this is a fun manicure that I’m rocking this Easter hope you agree that this is really cute too.


No comments:

Post a Comment